Kent Johnson, CEO, Highlights for Children, Inc.
- Company: Highlights for Children
- Title: CEO
- Keynote: Kent Johnson, CEO, Highlights (Keynote)
Kent S. Johnson is chief executive officer of Highlights for Children, Inc. and a member of the corporation’s board of directors. The company, which publishes educational products for children, including the popular children’s magazine Highlights, has grown to include multiple wholly owned subsidiaries. These include magazines, book clubs, a children’s trade book publisher, a domestic and international licensing business, an educational curriculum publisher, a publisher of professional development books and videos for teachers as well as a company that provides direct training seminars for teachers.
Johnson is only the third CEO in the history of the company, which Garry Cleveland Myers, Ph.D., and Caroline Clark Myers, founded in 1946. He is the great-grandson of the founders, and a member of the fourth generation in the family-owned enterprise. Previously, Johnson served as a corporate vice president of strategic management.
Johnson received his bachelor’s degree from Amherst College and his doctorate in Physics from Harvard University. Prior to joining Highlights, he served in various roles in research and development, manufacturing and operations.
Johnson lives in Columbus, Ohio with his wife and two young sons.
- L.A. School Board Awards Apple $30M Contract for Student iPads
- Kindle FreeTime Unlimited Adds Content from Disney, Warner Bros., Interactive Entertainment and EA
- Disney Interactive to Launch Where’s My Mickey? App
- Amplify Launches Digital Gaming Package for Schools
- Company Profile: JoyTunes Tablet Technology Makes Practicing Real Instruments Fun
- Outfit7 Talking Friends Apps Reaches One Billion Downloads
- Jim Henson Company to Debut Interactive Chatter Zoo Property for Infants
- Janet Scardino Appointed Saban Brands Chief Operating Officer
- Draw-Your-Own-Game App Pixel Press Launches First Playable Prototype
- Cupcake Digital, Nelvana Enterprises & Clifford Ross Company Partner to Create Babar App Series