Kent Johnson, CEO, Highlights for Children, Inc.
- Company: Highlights for Children
- Title: CEO
- Keynote: Kent Johnson, CEO, Highlights (Keynote)
Kent S. Johnson is chief executive officer of Highlights for Children, Inc. and a member of the corporation’s board of directors. The company, which publishes educational products for children, including the popular children’s magazine Highlights, has grown to include multiple wholly owned subsidiaries. These include magazines, book clubs, a children’s trade book publisher, a domestic and international licensing business, an educational curriculum publisher, a publisher of professional development books and videos for teachers as well as a company that provides direct training seminars for teachers.
Johnson is only the third CEO in the history of the company, which Garry Cleveland Myers, Ph.D., and Caroline Clark Myers, founded in 1946. He is the great-grandson of the founders, and a member of the fourth generation in the family-owned enterprise. Previously, Johnson served as a corporate vice president of strategic management.
Johnson received his bachelor’s degree from Amherst College and his doctorate in Physics from Harvard University. Prior to joining Highlights, he served in various roles in research and development, manufacturing and operations.
Johnson lives in Columbus, Ohio with his wife and two young sons.
- DHX Media Partners with YouTube on Paid Channels
- DreamWorks, Verizon Team on Million Dollar Turbo Racing League App Promo
- Apple App Store Hits 50 Billion Downloads
- Google Introduces Google Play for Education
- Kids Use iHeart Locket “Smart Necklace” to Connect with Diary App
- Warner Bros. Targets Girls with LEGO Friends for Nintendo
- AppCertain App Monitoring Service Debuts First App
- Rovio to Publish Third Party Titles Under New Rovio Stars Mobile Game Brand
- CPTV Partners with Ruckus Media to Create Digital Platform
- Saban Brands Welcomes Jack Sorensen as President of Mobile Social Games Division