Jori Clarke, CEO, Circle 1 Network/KidsCom.com
Jori is CEO of Circle 1 Network publisher of KidsCom.com. Her definition of a good day is hanging out with kids and having fun making discoveries on how they can make the world a better place and getting the whole family to play together – she calls these gaming activities “Smart Play”. Jori is pioneering in using technology to improve learning and create family experiences connecting the virtual world with the real world with things such as virtual gardens and farmers markets that connect with school gardens and real farmers markets and virtual houses that teach about “going green” that connect with making “green” changes in real houses.
Jori’s work has been quoted in national media, she has been an invitational speaker at many global conferences on market research, digital content creation and the gamification of education and information delivery. Published in several books including Web Usability: A User-Centered Design Approach; Systems, Social and Internationalization Design Aspects of Human-Computer Interaction: Internationalization of Information Technology; and The International Journal of Marketing & Advertising to Children. She is also author of a tween action adventure fiction book tied into virtual world online content.
Previous to this Jori working in corporate digital marketing where she oversaw teams creating applications and digital content including work for clients including Pfizer, Roche Diagnostics, Kellogg’s, Avery-Dennison, Kimberly-Clark, Colgate, IBM, Levi Strauss, Pepsi, Cable & Wireless, Consolidated Papers, Readers Digest.
Jori also sits on different Boards advising on the use of technology and games at the high school and college level and has been involved in using virtual world play to raise issue visibility and funds for non-profits ranging from a humane society, a food bank, an ecology center and an Aids orphanage in Africa.
- Kindle FreeTime Unlimited Adds Content from Disney, Warner Bros., Interactive Entertainment and EA
- Disney Interactive to Launch Where’s My Mickey? App
- Amplify Launches Digital Gaming Package for Schools
- Company Profile: JoyTunes Tablet Technology Makes Practicing Real Instruments Fun
- Outfit7 Talking Friends Apps Reaches One Billion Downloads
- Jim Henson Company to Debut Interactive Chatter Zoo Property for Infants
- Janet Scardino Appointed Saban Brands Chief Operating Officer
- Draw-Your-Own-Game App Pixel Press Launches First Playable Prototype
- Cupcake Digital, Nelvana Enterprises & Clifford Ross Company Partner to Create Babar App Series
- ChildGuardOnline Assists Online Businesses in Complying with COPPA Regulations